What We Believe
1. We believe that the Bible is the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions shall be tried.
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching,
for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
(2 Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe that God is the Creator and Ruler of the whole universe who deserves all of our love and obedience.
“Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they existed and were created.”
3. We believe that everyone, instead of loving and obeying God, has turned to his own sinful way.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way; (Isaiah 53:6)
4. We believe that our sinful choices lead us to physical and spiritual death.
For the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)
5. We believe that God’s Son, Jesus Christ, came to die for our sins and offers us hope.
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners,
Christ died for us.
6. We believe that you can be saved if you turn from your own way and believe that Jesus Christ died to forgive you.
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”